Helpful Things

Thursday, December 1, 2011

7:59 PM

7:59 PM.

My man thing and I were watching Venture Brothers and doing what all couples do when I said, "Wait, stop. I can't. The Christmas tree is still naked."

I spent the next five minutes talking him down from a towering rage. No, I'm kidding. But he did pout.

"Go decorate the tree then," he said, after I pushed his bottom lip back in, "and put the blue ones on top, the yellow ones in the middle, and the green ones on the bottom. Do it Chelsea you can do it."

So I did--I got up and I pulled out the first batch, silver bells, which are cat-tastic toys for bored furry things.

And I got about two ornaments in.

I stopped. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I can't do this. Syd's not here, it isn't right. My symmetry is completely skewed." I sat back down and huffed.

"Dork."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!