Helpful Things

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Syd, Potpourri, and that Art Desk Problem

Syd was cooking something and I was roaming the house, procrastinating. Conversation turned to the Christmas tree. It was rather one-sided--I believe it ended with "As far as I'm concerned, that's your Christmas tree because honey, I don't give a shit."

Just now, after Syd got through forcing her way through a pre-Thanksgiving grocery store mob to bring home pie ingredients, I came home from watching the X-Factor at her parent's house. Syd was tapping away on the laptop. When I sat down, she finished what she was doing and pulled up a tab.

"I thought you could use these."

DIY Seasonal decorating tips.

D'AWWWWWWWWW

---

Pies are underway! My pie-dar is tingling. I always know. Syd is making chocolate chess pie, but unfortunately I am too beset by an obstacle to give you the recipe.

I am looking at this art desk mess right here:



It is a monster and it must be tamed.

I do have one thing to share, in the spirit of making your house smell like 100% win. It is a simple potpourri recipe which uses ingredients you have around the house as compared to going out and buying a bag of leaves.

Using a small pot, bring to a slow simmer about two tablespoons of ground cinnamon and a cup and a half of water. Cut up a junky, bruised apple into fourths and add to the mix. Feel free to sprinkle some nutmeg or add cloves if you have them lying around. You can put the potpourri in the fridge to use later, and remember to refresh your cinnamon water to keep it from boiling dry.

Syd would like to add that if you shop bulk at Indian groceries, garam masala is a wonderful additive.

Y'all, she's helping. This must be one of those signs.

Later Update:



CONQUERED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!