Helpful Things

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Well-Worded Explanation

I realize I should put a post or something here in case someone wanders by in a chance passing. I realize this hypothetical reader needs something to read. Preferably something well-worded explaining the purpose of the blog they have just stumbled upon.

This is my attempt at chronicling my twenty-five days in December which lead up to the massive holiday orgy that is Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Festivus, or whatever they're calling it these days. It's supposed to be helpful and give you all sorts of cheap and hopefully moneyless tips and tricks for the holiday season.

Why? Well, because I'm unemployed. I happen to love the winter holidays. But Christmas ("winter holidays" is getting too long to type) is a money-eating soul-munching monster which devours all things.

I have made the decision that I shall not be thwarted in my attempt at having an awesome Christmas.

But here is what I'm going up against here, in order to garner myself a little sympathy and / or encouragement:
  1. Unemployment, obviously. I have three dollars in my pocket. Was five, but I spared for the Salvation Army bell-ringing guilt trip like I do every year.
  2. Three cats who specialize in destroying all that I love.
  3. My roommate, my best friend, who couldn't give two shits about Christmas. But she loves winter, so I've got that going for me.
  4. Motivation. Can I really make myself do this for twenty-five days? Uuuuuggggh I guess...
So there you have it. An explanation.

Coming soon, how to have a Christmas tree in a small house with three cats without it ending in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!